Your safety and privacy are important to us. We will never release any information gathered by our site to a third party without your consent (except where required to do so by law). This means this web site does not support spammers or junk mailers by selling e-mail lists or mailing addresses.
Collection of personal informationInformation we collect:
When you visit, our site collects the following information about you and the computer you are using:
- Your Internet Protocol address
- The web browser you are using (i.e. Internet Explorer or Netscape)
When you register, we ask for:
- Your name, address, email address and telephone number. This information is stored by us behind various protection measures on our servers. No one can access this information, although you may choose to display contact information with your listings.
Be aware of the potential for fraudulent activity and protect yourself by considering carefully what kinds of information you give out. The US FTC and USA.gov posts warnings and guidelines on how to protect yourself here:
- Protecting Personal Information: A Guide for Business
- A Guide for Guarding Personal Information in the Workplace
- Internet Fraud Information: USA.gov
Remember that the people you deal with through any internet website, including our exchange are often strangers and can pretend to be someone they are not. We do not have the capacity to verify identities or motivations of our users. Keep your personal safety in mind when trading with others.
Here is a resource on maintaining safety while using the net:
Spam (unsolicited e-mail)
Registered users of this site agree to receive e-mail confirmation messages when their listings are placed online or updated by the site administrator, and prior to a listing's expiration date.
Several steps are taken to ensure that a user can not be unknowingly signed up for a service that he or she does not wish to receive. We discourage misuse/abuse of sign-up forms by (a) recording the I.P. address of any computer submitting a sign-up form, and (b) requiring that the user enter a password which is sent to the e-mail address in question before actually activating the e-mail based service.
Cookies are NOT used to monitor individual users' activities at this site. If you are at all concerned about this, please feel free to delete your cookies after each visit.